5 Things Every Millennial Should Know About London
Being one of the trendiest cities in the EU, London is a popular destination for millennial travelers. After all, if you are looking to experience a hip, Instagram-worthy city and enjoy some local culture and history, London has more to offer than Paris, Rome and Berlin combined.
With that being said, there are some things that millennial travelers should know before planning their next London holiday. Let’s take a look:
- The Museums Are Free: One of the best things about London, for travelers at least, is that the city’s many impressive museums are free. From the National Gallery in Trafalgar Square to the Tate Modern, entry is free.
- Visit The Outdoor Markets: London has many outdoor markets that will make any millennial feel right at home. From the Borough Market at London Bridge, the Portobello Market in Notting Hill and Spitalfields, to Brick Lane, Covent Garden, Herne Hill and more, London’s outdoor markets are a must-see experience!
- London Closes Early: Well, not the entire city, but the things that you will want to experience the most does. In many countries, most bars and nightclubs close at 2:00 AM during the week. In London, many of the top pubs close around 10:30. This means getting ready to go out earlier than you normally would and coming home sooner. On Sundays, many of the London shops close early, usually at %:00 PM. Even the Tube shuts early at midnight!
- Dining In vs. Taking Away: You can save a lot of money on your quick meals by taking your food with you to eat on the go or in your Airbnb. Many grocery stores or a sit-down/to-go hybrid restaurants will charge an additional fee to dine in.
- The Locals Are Friendly Here: Millennials like to mingle and chat it up with everyone they meet and that makes London the perfect place to experience the locals. London is full of friendly, helpful people who will take the time to offer directions, have a conversation or offer advice. Who knows, you just might make a new friend!
Whether you are traveling to London for a holiday, or to attend university, you will always find something interesting to see and do here!
To learn more about the best things to see and do in London or student accommodations in London, contact London Nest today!
If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it on your favourite social media sites.